Farmers’ Electric Cooperative is your local, not-for-profit electric utility. We set “cost-based” rates which are designed to cover the cost to provide our Members with reliable power. Farmers’ Electric’s power supplier, Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc. is among one of the lowest-price wholesale suppliers in the nation. Our focus remains on providing you with reliable power and quality service, not on generating profits. It’s important to keep in mind that since we all depend on our reliable electric distribution system for power, we all must support it.
Service Availability Charge Rate
Single-Phase Service $29.00
Three-Phase Service $43.20
Energy Charges/kWh Rate
First 120 kWh $0.1490
Excess kWh $0.0969
What is the Service Availability Charge?
The Service Availability Charge is a set monthly charge that does not vary with the amount of electricity used. This Charge partially recovers the fixed costs of operating Farmers’ Electric Cooperative, including operation and maintenance of meters, lines, poles, interest expense, depreciation on assets, insurance, taxes, service trucks, and administration of the Cooperative.
What is the Energy Charge?
Your Energy Charge will vary from month to month depending on how much electricity you consume. The rates listed above are per kilowatt-hour.
Yard Light Program
Dusk-to-Dawn lights are available for installation on Farmers' Electric poles.
The Cooperative will install and maintain a Light Emitting Diode (LED) light on a meter pole or transformer pole at your location. The installation is free. The light is installed in front of the meter and does not contribute to the Member's electric bill. The Member pays $9 per month to have the light. The Cooperative is responsible for any repairs that may become necessary, including bulb replacement and photocell replacement.
- Have yard lighting around your home from "dusk-to-dawn".
- Pay a flat rate for the lighting service.
- No initial cost or maintenance costs that would be associated with self-owned lighting.
Surge Protection Program
Farmers’ Electric Cooperative offers a surge protection program designed to protect Members’ appliances and electronic equipment from lightning and other sources of electrical spikes and surges.
The leased package contains:
- A meter base surge protector. The unit is specifically designed to prevent external catastrophic, high-voltage spikes from entering the home. It reduces potentially damaging voltage spikes to “manageable” levels. This unit meter base mounted by cooperative personnel or a designated representative. The Member cannot install this unit. This service entrance device provides a downline warranty, up to $1000 per appliance with a $10,000 maximum, on standard electro-mechanical products (washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, HVAC unit, electric stove, oven, etc.) if the service entrance device fails in conjunction with the Member’s equipment failure.
- Farmers’ Electric Cooperative strongly encourages Members who participate in the Surge Protection Program to obtain additional protection for other systems that may be connected in some manner other than the electric service. (i.e. phone service, cable or satellite TV) Individual devices for these systems are available commercially and can be installed by the member.